|Benefits:||Offering a competitive benefits package to our team members is a top priority. Our team members are offered medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts and voluntary life benefits. We ensure long-term success by offering a 401k plan with company match as well as company-paid short and long term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and wellness programs.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||MidCountry Financial is a financial services holding company with its home office in Macon, Georgia. Several of our companies and the services we offer are located in the Midwestern part of the United States. Our largest subsidiary, MidCountry Bank has offices in Southern Illinois and just outside Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. Other subsidiaries include Heights Finance in Peoria, Illinois and Pioneer Services in Kansas City, Missouri.|
We are currently seeking a Compliance Manager to join our team in the Twin City area.
This position is responsible for assisting with direct management of the company's Compliance Department to ensure its compliance with all applicable consumer and other designated laws, regulations, related company policies and procedures.
MidCountry Financial Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
|Duties:||1. Designs, implements and manages the company’s annual compliance risk management plan based upon a risk-based approach for approval by the Risk & Compliance Manager and Audit Committee.|
2. Completes and oversees the completion of compliance reviews and compliance review reports; develops presentations to the Risk & Compliance Manager for presentation to the Risk and Audit Committee on results of reviews, trends and other compliance plan activities.
3. Manages the company's compliance function, or portion thereof, to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness, proper staffing, adequate oversight and review of employee work product, and proper budgeting.
4. Develops and/or oversees the development of compliance procedures and training materials and implements the compliance training program.
5. Provides compliance support to all business units; monitors regulatory changes and manages the implementation of new or revised regulatory provisions.
6. Reviews new systems, procedures, products and advertisements to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and revises compliance procedures as necessary.
7. May serve as a company Compliance Officer. May hold the officers positions of BSA/AML/OFAC Officer, Privacy Officer, and provide assistance to the CRA Officer
Additional Duties: Due diligence and conversion team leader or member; assists management in coordinating compliance examinations and manages outside audits/reviews; provides support to the CRA officer.
* Bachelor's Degree in business, finance or related field
* 5 - 8 years experience
Management experience and skills; self motivated; independent thinker; proficient in MS Office and other standard software applications; understanding of information technology and how it relates to and impacts the compliance function; banking or regulatory compliance experience; proficient in interpreting complex regulatory provisions; extensive knowledge of consumer banking laws and regulations; detail oriented; excellent oral, written and analytical skills and abilities; ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees; ability to travel.
* Master's Degree in law or business
* 8-10 years experience
Knowledge of statistical sampling techniques; experience with process and quality managment techniques; strong knowledge of systems and data based management.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.